What is VertexFX APIs
VertexFX Application Programming Interface (API) is interfacing software implemented by Hybrid Solutions to enable integration with other software, Similar to the way a user interface facilitates interaction between humans and computers. APIs are implemented for applications, and libraries to determine the vocabulary and calling conventions, some programmers should be employed to use these services. It may include specifications for routines, data structures, object classes and protocols used to communicate between the consumer and VertexFX Trader.
Hybrid Solutions has built the APIs knowing the continuous need for the customers and the system users for implementing their own custom requirements, at the Dealing room end or the trading end. APIs are equipped with an interface of most of the VertexFX platform features, facilitating the ability to build a new custom application satisfying needs.
With (3) available APIs so far, VertexFX BackOffice API, VertexFX Client API, and VertexFX Currency server API, it is now applicable to implement new custom interface.
Hybrid Solutions Developers built many applications over APIs, VertexFX E-Broker (VertexFX Client API), VertexFX Smart Dealer (VertexFX BackOffice API), and VertexFX Risk Management Bridges (VertexFX Client API + VertexFX BackOffice API) knowing that API Development is the fastest way to reach such homogenous applications.
Why to use VertexFX APIs
Actually, you can use VertexFX APIs for creativeness, for building unique ideas, and implementing your needs, what do you think you need more from the VertexFX Trader Solution, can be implemented over the API, while the usage of the API is open and it’s a subject of ideas, we will include some examples for the APIs usage:
- Assuming you need to build a system that trades automatically by some market strategies and ideas, you can use the VertexFX Client API.
- What if you want to connect your system data to your existing accounting or GL system, in order to manage your accounting with one application, in this case you can use the VertexFX BO API with the accounting system’s API.
- Are you thinking in clearing (Hedging) your positions with another Market Making or brokerage company? You can use the VertexFX BO API with the other MM system’s client API.
- Do you want to build your own distributable trading terminal that offers customized trading capabilities to your clients? You can use VertexFX client API.
- Do you have your own pricing feed, and its prices are so suitable for your business? But it does not support DDE connections, you can use VertexFX Currency server API for connecting it with the VertexFX System.
- Do you want to build your own mobile market watch for your clients, use the VertexFX Client API.
So we can see that VertexFX APIs opens for you new horizons and new gates to implement your needs and to customize VertexFX system to be your own tailor made system.
How to use VertexFX APIs
Mainly, VertexFX APIs are all ActiveX components (DLLs), that can be imported with any programming language (VB6, C++, VB.NET, JAVA…etc), so import them, make objects from their classes (you may need a Programmer’s Help for this) and start using the events, functions and subs to create your applications.